Monday, September 22, 2008

One costume down...one to go.

Okay, so it is that time of year, when I have finally nailed them down on what they want to be for Halloween. This is Megan's third change...At first she wanted to be Cinderella (again), then she wanted to be Alice in Wonderland (bought the material, and I was going to cut it out last week when something inside of me said don't)Anyway, went out to Walmart to buy dog food when she saw it....a tinkerbell costume. She was enchanted. We went to Grandma's house on Saturday and scoured "Kerry's House of Fabric" for just the right color. She had it in fleece (which works great in the midwest because it is usually cold for Hallowen)and it is also great because I don't have to finish any of the edges, but the only problem was there was only 2/3's of a yard. AAAAHHHHH No Problem. I create my own pattern adding a white sparklie top thing and ta da, we have tinkerbell. Of course she will also be wearing cotton rights and I am going to make shoe covers out of the rest of the green fabric with a white poof on it. As soon as she put it on she demanded to know where her wings were. We found an old set of wings that I had made for her a few years ago and those will work until I can get the new wings made. Grandma gave us this beautiful sheer fabric that is several different colors. Megan calls it her rainbow 'terial.

I guess you could say she is thrilled with the results.

No comments: