Saturday, February 14, 2009

Remembering Uncle Frank

I will always remember Uncle Frank. When I woke up this morning I remembered him, so I have been thinking about him all day. I am going to share some of the things that I remember.

1. Frank called Nathan - Chongo the Dog Boy - it still makes me laugh
2. The Little Mermaid also known as the "The Little Barmaid" Set up another round Arial. He always made me laugh when he said that.
3. When Uncle Frank married Aunt Dar...Krissy, Laura and I were devastated. We were sure that he was going to marry one of us, and that we were going to live in the Hilldale house.
4. I loved when Frank would do the floors at the Pit because he would sing. I loved listening to him sing.
5. High Pockets - another nickname that Frank had for Nathan
6. A woman came into the pit and Frank was the meat cutter. She chastised him for throwing away scraps when there were starving people in China...his reply "Name 3" I still use that one.


John shared a story with me today about Uncle Frank.

He was having uncertainty and doing things he shouldn't have been doing. But he was contemplating a mission. He didn't feel right about going, but he also felt he should go. So, he got down on his knees and prayed asking for guidance on what he should do. He had a dream...he saw a young man and the man said "John" John didn't recognize that man and asked him who he was. He said "I'm your Uncle Frank" John said "No, my Uncle Frank is dead". Frank said "John, I am your Uncle Frank". John recognized him as a young Uncle Frank. John than asked him if he should go on a mission and Uncle Frank told him "No, you aren't ready." John said that he felt peace after this dream.

I loved him very much...and miss talking silly with him, and singing with him in the San Marcos Pit Room. I would love to hear any stories or Frankisms so if you have one, please post.

1 comment:

Ivy said...

I was 15 when he passed away, so I especially love hearing other peoples stories of him. I only ever saw him as a father to his children, and probably a little more guarded in my young presence than in other situations. I mostly remember him singing, so that is what I miss the most.