Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cheesecake

This is the easiest Cheesecake recipe I have ever made...it always comes out beautifully.

My parents purchased a ceramic pie plate with the following recipe:

Crust

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 Tablespoons sugar
3 Tablespoons butter - melted

Directions

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix crumbs and sugar. Stir in butter thoroughly.
3. Press into bottom and sides of pie plate.
4. Bake 10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and cool

Filling

19oz - cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs

1. Reduce oven to 300 degrees
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large mixing bowl
3. Add Vanilla
4. Beat in eggs one at a time.
5. Pour over cracker crust and bake 1 hour or until center is firm.
6. Cool and top with sweet fruit
7. Chill 3 Hours

This makes a very deep cheese cake. In the past I have purchased 2 graham cracker crusts and can fill them to about a 1/3 of an inch from the top of the crust which works out great when you put filling on top. I have also used the recipe to make individual cheesecakes with the foil cupcake you can purchase at the store. These are great because you can make individual cheesecakes and have multiple toppings. My favorites are cherry, triple berry, strawberry and lemon.

The reason I am putting this on my blog, is every year I misplace my recipe, and at least if it is on my blog I would find it.

No comments: