Thursday, July 3, 2008

Everything seems new


First posting on my blog...I will have lots to say and will add more pictures later. John and Jessica had a new baby on Thursday, June 26th. He is a beautiful little boy and we are so blessed to have him as an addition to our family. Patrick and Megan can't stop talking about "their" cousin baby William. It is such a blessing when a new baby is born.
We have a new addition to our family, but it isn't a baby. We decided to invest in a swimming pool, so we now have a 24 Foot round swimming pool in our back yard. It was crazy getting it installed since our ground was not level by 2 feet. We had to have 3 dump truck loads of fill dirt added to get us level. NO JOKE!!! It was crazy. And, to top it off the Dump truck got stuck in my yard with the first load, so instead of the install taking 1 day, it two 2 full days. But, the pool is in and I have a yard to landscape. I have taken some pictures, but they aren't in my computer as of yet so when I get them in I will post pictures of my bundle of joy. haha!!
Patrick and Megan are very anxious to swim in their new pool, but as we speak I am filling it up, than we have to put 80 lbs of salt in it along with 2 gallons of bleach...run the filter for 24 hours, then run the ionizer for 24 hours...then at long last the pool should be ready to swim in. My kids just want to die...thinking it is taking entirely too long. Oh, to be a child again.
We decided to get a pool that has the ionizer on it because Megan and Chris are so allergic to Chlorine. It just makes them sneeze, eyes beat red, and Megan's skin becomes very irritated. Making her a very miserable child. So, now we don't have to buy any chlorine and with running the pump along with the ionizer should keep the pool clean and shiny.
Well, more on that later. Thanks for listening.


1 comment:

krissy said...

Hey Jen! I am excited you started a blog so I can see how things are going in your family! You kids are adorable! Little William was born on my Eliza's birthday, she just turned 6. I guess with as many people as we have in our family we are bound to have duplicates! He is so cute! I miss that new baby stage, but not the sleeping part! I hope all is well with your family! Tell your mom and dad hi! Love ya!