Tuesday, December 2, 2008

They ate my cable



Before you go all mushy for those angelic faces...read my blog...AAAAGGGGHHH!!


Okay, so I get up on Saturday November 22nd and Patrick says "Mom, can I play on the computer for 20 minutes". "Sure." I say and go about my business. A few minutes later he comes back and says..."the computers broken". "WHAT!!!" So I run into the computer room and I have no internet. I try all of my usually ex-tech stuff and nothing is working. I then call my cable company (cable modem) and they tell me I probably need a new modem. But they can't come out until Monday between 1 and 5pm. "WHAT???"

I had no idea how dependent I am on the internet. So, jump to Monday...3 cable guys show up...(one of them heard it was my house and decided to stop and say hi) there is nothing wrong with my modem. So we start looking outside. My dogs ate the cable line...again (they had done this 6 months earlier). The guy who came by and said hi was the last guy who fixed my dog eaten cable. My dogs managed to eat on the line that was attached to my computer...how very thoughtful of them. Anyway, I am back on line and very grateful. In those short 2 days I had two sales in my etsy shop for patterns...and I hate not delivering on time.
Anyway...I think I am just ranting now about the whole...dog ate my cable thing. But, I can't help it. I really missed my internet.

No dogs were hurt in the writing of this blog....and to top it all off, the cable guys gave my dogs a treat! Bad dogs...if you eat that cable again...we'll give you beef jerky next time.

It can't be possible....But it is...it happened again!!!

Okay, it happened again. Saturday November 29th, I wake up...and the TV, phone and internet are out. I think what happened some freak accident. NO!!! It was my dogs. They chewed through the cable again. I was beside myself. I called MediaCom and told them the situation and they said the earliest appointment they had was on Monday between 1 and 5pm. AAAHHHHH! So, I go outside and tell the dogs they are bad dogs. Only to discover they left one line intact.

The TV in the living room worked. HOORAY! So when we weren't watching TV I would disconnect it and connect our cable modem and wireless router. We were able to use Chris' laptop.

When the cable guy showed up (same cable guy as last time), I answer the door and he says "So, they ate it again." YEP!! They really love eating cable in the morning. Oh well. After he repaired the damage he said that he might stop by next Monday just to make sure the dogs didn't eat it again. HAHAHA, okay...please!!

Anyway, no harm no foul.

This is just my continued saga of the dog eaten cable.

Sorry this is so long...but I just had to get that off my chest.

2 comments:

joelandbecca said...

That is funny! Well, not if you have to go through it. A few months ago, my dog ate my visiting teaching list. I felt like an idiot when I called to get a new list. Like a kid whose dog ate his homework!

Unknown said...

That's hA-larious! I know it's not funny at the time but it will be a few months down the road. All they want is attention right? They're bored. A word from a fellow dog owner go buy raw hide treats and some chew ropes. Give them the raw hide (the ones that only last for about 5-10 minutes) once every other day to everyday and that will, hopefully, cure their need to chew, chew, chew! Good luck.